We like cookies!

By selecting ‘I like cookies too’, you are allowing Point Blank Music School to use cookies. We use cookies to collect your device and browser information to tailor our marketing activities for your benefit and to help with the functionality of our website. Please visit our privacy policy (see cookies policy) for more information and to understand how we use your data for required purposes.

I like cookies too!

Manage my preferences

International Students

If you are a national from outside of the UK, you will require a student visa to enter the UK and study with us. The type of visa you may require will depend on the course you wish to study. The following sections provide further information on the types of visas, requirements and application process. If you are a national from a country within the European Union, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, from 1st January 2021 onwards, Home Office regulations state you will now need a visa to study. Visa advice for EU applicants can be found here.

Need some help with your application? Watch the video below for a step by step guide to applying for one of our degree courses. If you still need a hand, then don't hesitate to contact us here.


Application Deadlines

If you require a student visa to study at degree level in the UK and would like to be considered for a course starting in September 2024, the deadline to submit your application is 19th August 2024. Please note, if your application is successful, you will be required to send through all your visa documents by 26th August 2024.

All applications will be considered on an individual basis but if there is not enough time for you to prepare your visa documentation and arrive in the UK before the start of term, our admissions team will advise if your application will be deferred to another start date. 

Longer courses (6+ months)

Shorter courses (Less than 6 months)


What is a CAS?

CAS stands for Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies. A CAS is a unique number provided by Point Blank. You will need this number before you can apply for a Student Visa. Students applying for a Short Term Study visa will not require a CAS.

We do not issue a CAS to everyone who applies. You must be able to meet the requirements of a Student Visa before we can issue a CAS.

You do not need a CAS if you are studying a course 6 months in duration or shorter.

What are the requirements for a Student Visa?

The exact requirements for a Student Visa can be found in the Check Sheet in the application process above, however here is a quick summary of what you will need:

1. Academic qualifications (equivalent to high school or above)

2. English language qualification (if you are from a non majority English speaking country)

3. To be able to pay your fees for the first year of the course in full

4. To show you have a minimum of £12,006 (£1,334 per month) to support your living costs (this is known as 'maintenance' and is in addition to the full course fees)

5. Valid passport

6. Tuberculosis Test if you are resident of these countries

What are maintenance fees?

Before we can issue you with a CAS for a Student Visa, we need to see evidence that you have the funds to cover your living costs. This is in addition to the course fees.

If you are applying for a Student Visa for a course over six months in duration, you will need to show you can support your stay for the first nine months of your course. We recommend you have a minimum of £12,006 (£1,334 per month) however the more money you have available the stronger your visa application will be. This amount is in addition to the total course fees for courses under one year in duration, or the course fee for your first 12 months.

To show you can cover your living costs, we need to see a bank statement or letter confirming that this money is available in your account or a legal guardian's account. This money must have been cleared in your account for at least 28 days before the date when you apply for your student visa. Please refer to the Check Sheet in the application process above for the exact requirements.


What are the English language requirements?

  • All applicants must be able to demonstrate English language at CEFR level B2, equivalent to grade C / 4 at GCSE. Please note this requirement also applies to mature students (21 or over) without formal qualifications who have been admitted based on their admissions test and/or prior experience.
  • All international students requiring visa sponsorship require an IELTS Academic test. If you have / are going to take an IELTS exam, the minimum level is 6.0 overall (with 5.5 in each category: reading, writing, speaking and listening). Only IELTS Academic tests will be accepted.
  • If you are an international student applying for a Student Visa and do not currently have a valid IELTS Academic test, Point Blank will be happy to provide a fee waiver equivalent to the cost of one IELTS Academic test fee, to be waived from your fees upon successful registration only. Point Blank will not provide further waivers for resits and the IELTS test booking receipt must be provided as proof of test fee paid. Fee waivers are applicable to tests completed post-application date only.

What are the course fees?

The fees for each course can be found on the course webpage. 

If you click the "Enrol Now" link of your chosen course and navigate to step 2, you will see the payment options available and total fees. After being accepted on a course, students can reserve their place with a registration fee. The remaining course fees (or first year's fees if the course is longer than a year) will need to be paid before we can issue an acceptance letter or CAS (for a Student Visa).

There are different fees for EU students arriving for our January 2021, April 2021 and July 2021 start dates. You may be eligible for 'Home' fees. Please find our helpful information page here


How long can I stay in the UK?

Student Visa 

Once you have acquired your Study Visa, you are permitted to enter the UK up to one month in advance of your course start date. If you are studying a Diploma course with Point Blank, you can remain in the UK up to two months after the course finishes. For Degree courses, this increases to four months. Students who complete one of our BA (Hons) courses will be eligible to remain in the UK to work for an additional two years. Details of the Graduate Visa can be found here: Post-Study Work

Standard Visitor Visa

A Standard Visitor Visa usually permits you to enter the UK for six months. During this period you will be permitted to study on campus for the full duration of your course, but you must leave the UK before your visa expires.


Can I work whilst studying? 

International students on a Student Visa are permitted to work part time during their studies. The amount of hours and type of work permitted will be stated on the BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) you receive. Students on a BA (Hons) degree programme will generally be allowed to work 20 hours per week during term time and unlimited hours during holiday breaks. From Summer 2021, successful students who have completed a Bachelors Degree qualification will also be able to apply for the Graduate Route Visa which allows. This route will provide students with the opportunity to stay in the UK to live and work after they graduate for 2 year. Useful information regarding the Graduate Route Visa can be found here. Students on a Standard Visitor Visa are not permitted to work.

What if I don't get my visa?

Point Blank will check all your documents before you submit your visa application and we will not issue a CAS (Student Visa applicants) until we are confident your application will be successful.

In the rare event that your visa application is rejected, there is an option to reapply. If you require extra time for your application, we are happy to postpone your course until the next start date at no extra cost.

If you visa application is refused, you are entitled to a full refund minus a £500 administration fee. This fee will remain on your account and can be used against a future course at Point Blank London or our online school.

Contact us