We like cookies!

By selecting ‘I like cookies too’, you are allowing Point Blank Music School to use cookies. We use cookies to collect your device and browser information to tailor our marketing activities for your benefit and to help with the functionality of our website. Please visit our privacy policy (see cookies policy) for more information and to understand how we use your data for required purposes.

I like cookies too!

Manage my preferences

Beat Brexit: Apply Now for Courses Starting 2021

advice for eu applicants

Point Blank has always welcomed, and continues to welcome, students from around the world. We are proud of our global student community and will continue to support applications from international, EU and UK students alike following Brexit. Apply now for one of our Music Production, Sound Engineering, DJ Practice or Music Industry Management courses today. 

If you are a national from a country within the European Union, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, from the 1st January 2021 onwards, Home Office regulations state you will now need a student visa to study. From the 1st August 2021 your fee status will be classified as International and you will no longer qualify for Home Fee status and will not be eligible to apply for funding in the form of a student finance UK loan. 

This page provides current advice and information for EU students relating to Brexit, Fees and Funding and Visa Requirements. Remember, we are here to help, so please contact us with any questions or for more information. 

Regardless of Brexit, as Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London, once said:

To the Europeans living in London... you are welcome here.”

Here at Point Blank we feel the same, there will always be a warm welcome waiting for you here in London. 

We Want EU Join our award winning degree courses

On Campus and Online Blended learning and the virtual classroom

The Inside Track Hear what our students think of Point Blank

Fees and funding

If you start your course as a Home/EU fee status student in the academic year 2020/21 you will pay the same tuition fees as UK students, and you will not see any changes to your loan eligibility. This will apply for the full duration of your course.

You can still apply for student finance to support you on our Higher Education courses starting in January, April and July 2021 (if you arrive in the UK after 11pm on the 31st of December 2020 you will need to apply for a student visa). 

  • You can apply for full fee funding in the form of a student finance UK loan for courses starting before August 1st 2021
  • Your fee status will continue to be considered as a "home" student for courses starting before August 1st 2021
  • Once you start your course your fee will remain the same for the duration of your course

For more information on fees, please see the UK Government statement on funding for EU students for 2020/2021 and review our fees and funding page.

Students from the EU who begin their course after the 1st of August 2021 will no longer be eligible for home fee status. Irish nationals living in the UK and Ireland will continue to have the right to study under the Common Travel Area arrangement between the two nations.

Remember, your fee status may not change initially, your immigration status will, so read the information below relating to visa requirements carefully.  

Visa Requirements

From the 1st January 2021 you will need a visa to study in London. 

‘Free Movement’ arrangements within the EU will continue until 11pm on 31st December 2020, which means that you can enter the UK without needing a visa. If you are already living in the UK or arrive in the UK by 11pm on the 31st December 2020, you will be eligible to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).

To qualify, you must arrive in the UK by the deadline stated above and apply for the EUSS by the 30th June 2021.

You should be able to complete the application, including identity verification, using a smartphone app. Some applicants may need to attend a Visa Application Centre, if they are unable to access the app, or if they do not have a biometric passport. More details on the application process are available on gov.uk.

From 1 January 2021, the UK will have a new immigration system and any EU/EEA/Swiss citizen not eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme will require a visa to enter the UK. As a student, this means that after 1 January 2021, you will need to apply for a Student visa.

To get your visa, you will need to  meet the requirements, complete an application, pay a fee and pay the Immigration Health Surcharge. You will also need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter which you can request from our admissions team following the acceptance of your Point Blank offer.

Read the UKVI's Points-based Immigration System: An Introduction for EU Students guide or visit gov.uk for the latest information on getting ready for Brexit.

For further information and to discuss your application please contact our admissions team on +44 20 7729 4884 or email: admissions@pointblankmusicschool.com

Contact us