What are the entry requirements for the online HE programmes?
The following guidelines are designed to orientate you through entry on to an online Higher Education course at Point Blank.
First and foremost, we are looking for people who can demonstrate a) their passion for music and b) an ability to successfully complete an online Higher Education programme.
This will initially be assessed through your personal statement which should include any previous study or relevant experience in music. The Admissions Team will look at the merits of each applicant, taking the following evidence into consideration:
- Personal statement
- Predicted or previously attained grades
- Examples of work
- Relevant work experience
Applicants may also be asked to complete a written exercise and/or attend an interview.
Where conditional offers are made, typical offers will be set between:
- A Level: CCC
- BTEC: MPP
Equivalent qualifications will also be accepted. For information on equivalency please click here.
- Unconditional offers will be reserved for exceptional applicants who demonstrate their ability through examples of previous work and/or attainment in previous academic study.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate English language at level B2, equivalent to grade C at GCSE.
- Applicants without formal qualifications or who have achieved academic qualifications lower than the typical conditional offer may be considered on the strength of relevant prior learning and experience, demonstrated through an interview, written exercise and portfolio of work.
- If you have / are going to take an IELTS exam, the minimum level is 6.0 (with 5.5 in every category). Only IELTS Academic tests will be accepted. If you are an international student applying for a Tier 4 visa, you must have an IELTS UKVI Academic test.
- International applicants should check minimum academic requirements for entry by using our partner University’s guide here.
- Successful completion of a CertHE or DipHE programme delivered at Point Blank would precipitate entry at level 5 or 6 on the BA programme. Students who have previously completed a qualification at level 4 or 5 may also be eligible to start the programme at a different entry point.
- Places are limited and offers cannot be made to all applicants.
- If you are unsure whether you qualify for a place on a Point Blank Higher Education programme, please contact our Admissions Team.