Point Blank teaches students to degree level in music production and related creative activities. We aim to prepare students from diverse backgrounds for a successful career in the music industry utilising our extensive network of contacts and partners. Students will have access to the latest state-of-the-art equipment, learn from highly trained instructors with a wealth of industry experience, and receive higher education qualifications up to degree level in partnership with Middlesex University.
Aims and Objectives
Point Blank aims to:
- Deliver highly engaging, practical, higher education and vocational creative arts programmes that engage students whilst providing them with skills for life and a pathway into the creative industries.
- Continually strive to enhance the student experience through investment in the learning environment and physical resources including state-of-the-art studio and music production equipment.
- Maintain strong links with the creative industries through employment of academic staff currently active in, or with extensive experience of working in this profession.
- Welcome a diverse range of students from the UK and around the world.
- Support widening participation objectives through providing bursaries and scholarships for exceptional students who may otherwise not be able to attend the institution.
- Listen to and act upon student feedback by embedding the student voice within Point Blank’s internal quality cycle. Use student feedback as a catalyst for innovation and improvement.
- Offer our students career opportunities in the form of recording and publishing deals at Point Blank Music (our in-house record label) and other opportunities in the music industry, actively promoted through our blog, the VLE or other student-facing communications.
- Create strategic partnerships with music industry organisations which ensure that our connection to industry remains relevant and beneficial to students.
- Monitor and evaluate all courses and use the information gathered to improve our provision and create new and innovative courses and learning pathways.
- Positively engage with the quality process by completing all statutory returns and requirements.
- Play an active role in promoting the interests of the wider sector through engagement in consultations and activities that will benefit higher education provision in the UK as a whole.
- Continue to innovate in the digital arena of online course delivery.