The following gives you information about us and the legal terms and conditions that apply if you enter our music competition. Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before entering our competition. If you enter the competition, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. If you are an individual entering on behalf of yourself and others then you will be deemed to have authority to do so. These terms and conditions are in addition to our website terms and conditions of use and privacy and cookies policies which you can access here (“Website Terms”). In all matters relating to the Competition, if there is any inconsistency or conflict between these terms and conditions and the Website Terms, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
1. Important information:
- This is a competition between Defected and Point Blank Limited, 23-28 Penn Street, Hoxton, London, N1 5DL (“Point Blank”) to find fresh new DJ talent (the “Competition”).
- The Competition is open to all residents internationally aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) Anyone employed by Defected.
(b) Any employees of Point Blank.
- In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
2. How to enter:
- Entrants must be a registered user via www.pointblankmusicschool.com/register in order to submit an entry to the Competition.
- Entrants should then submit their entry via the Tracks channel on Plugged In from 13th April 2017. The deadline for submissions is 8th May 2017 at midnight (PST). Entries received after that date will not be taken into consideration.
- Each entrant is limited to submit one mix for the Competition, and entries must be submitted as an embedded Mixcloud player on Plugged In, within the Tracks channel.
- The winner will be chosen by a judging panel which will include A&R personnel from Defected and Point Blank. The winner will be announced across Defected and Point Blank’s online and social media channels on 15th May 2017.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Point Blank and Defected accept no responsibility for lost entries or for any technical issues that prevent us from receiving your entry or playing the same.
3. The prize:
- The main prize is as follows:
(a) Contribution of up to £800 for flights to Defected Croatia 2017, plus nearby accommodation for 2 nights.
(b) x2 tickets for Defected Croatia 2017.
(c) The winner will play a set at the opening slot held at the Pontoon Stage at Defected Croatia.
2. Additional prizes are available as follows:
4. Winner announcement and mechanism for claiming prize.
The winner will be notified by Point Blank’s marketing team by email on 12th May 2017, and from there will be given further details in order to claim the prize. Please note that the winner will need to provide a valid passport by 19th May to verify their prize.
5. Warranties and indemnity:
- You hereby warrant and confirm that:
(a) You have the authority to enter into this agreement with Point Blank and Defected and to grant the rights granted;
(b) You are not subject to any other agreement which will or might conflict with this agreement;
(c) Where you are entering on behalf of yourself and others, that you have the full right and authority to bind the others as well as yourself;
(d) The entries submitted by you do not contain any uncleared samples and do not infringe the rights of any third party; and
(e) All information provided by you is complete and accurate.
- You hereby indemnify Point Blank and Defected, its officers, agents, sub-agents and licensees as against all damages, costs, claims, demands and proceedings, including legal costs on an indemnity basis howsoever arising in respect of any breach by you of warranty or otherwise of this agreement.