We like cookies!

By selecting ‘I like cookies too’, you are allowing Point Blank Music School to use cookies. We use cookies to collect your device and browser information to tailor our marketing activities for your benefit and to help with the functionality of our website. Please visit our privacy policy (see cookies policy) for more information and to understand how we use your data for required purposes.

I like cookies too!

Manage my preferences

International Students USA

What is a Visa?

What is a visa? Nonimmigrant visas allow non-U.S. citizens to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry and request permission from the Department of Homeland Security immigration inspector to enter the country. A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. Based on your circumstances you may qualify for different types of visas. For more information please check this website.

Do I Need a Visa?

In some cases, the U.S. allows certain travelers entry into the U.S. without a visa, for example citizens of countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program as well as citizens of Canada and Bermuda.  For more information, please check this website.

What Kind of Visa do I Need?

Because our classes are less than 18 hours a week and qualify as “personal enrichment” courses, international students coming to the U.S. primarily for tourism may be allowed to visit the U.S. on visitor visas (B visas) and take our courses during their stay. Please note that we are not able to offer educational visas (F/M visas) for these classes.  For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of State website here.

General Information

As stated on the links provided you may apply for a visitor visa (B visa) by contacting the U.S. Embassy of Consulate where you live. To find your U.S. Embassy or Consulate please visit this website.

Please keep in mind that there may be an interview with a representative from your U.S. Embassy or Consulate. There may also be some administrative processing that could take up to 60 days from application or more depending on the individual case.

To apply make sure to gather the required documentation.  Be sure to be prepared for your interview. The items for preparation will include:

  • Passport - valid for travel to the United States - Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country specific agreements). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person who needs a visa must submit a separate application.
  • Non immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page
  • Application fee payment receipt- if you are required to pay before your interview
  • Photo- You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160.  If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.

Contact us